Today I turn 30 years old… and though some people are horrified by the 3-0, I am nothing but excited. I’m dead-on my life’s mission, including experiencing the good, the bad, and learning as much as possible, sometimes through my own stubbornness, and sometimes by learning from others’ mistakes.
My 20s were good. Starting today, I’ll be able to say, “I remember my 20s…” They had their place. I came to Canada from Venezuela; graduated from university; lived in Japan; experienced being in love; learned to live alone; had a fair share of success and failure; and learned from everything that came across my path – and I still do most of these things.
Here’s a list of 30 tid-bits about me:
- I’m 30 years old.
- I have 30 brothers – minus the “0”.
- I never put my correct date of birth on social networking sites.
- I love good sushi and sake.
- I get excited by small things.
- I like darker beers.
- My computer is 5 years old and works like a charm.
- I don’t have but want an iPhone.
- I like playing the piano but have played the same 10 songs for most of my life.
- I seem to be unable to do things I don’t like.
- I used to play EverQuest (an online game), until my friends intervened.
- My friends are like my family.
- I’ve played a role in a theatre play in Japan.
- I’m sometimes indecisive.
- And sometimes I’ll “just do it.”
- I don’t like horror movies.
- I would love to be in a position that would require some travel, particularly to Japan.
- I was born in Venezuela.
- I’m adaptable.
- I’ve had more success meeting women on trains than online.
- I love having a chat over coffee.
- I’d like you to invite me for a coffee.
- If you’re happy, I’m probably happy too.
- I work better at nights than mornings.
- If I’m sharing problems with you, it means I trust you.
- I keep secrets so well, I forget them.
- I like the Japanese anime, Naruto and Bleach.
- Tambien hablo español.
- Challenge motivates me.