Time… I don’t have it anymore.
Writing and exploring new ideas has been one of the many things I enjoy doing, but no longer have the time to do so. Between the Tokyo lifestyle, being a new dad, and in an industry that moves faster than anyone can keep up with… well… let’s say things have changed.
Time may be lacking now, but here are some points on my mind lately.
- Those of you who know tag management systems may understand this one: at work, we’ll no longer be exclusive to Google Tag Manager. If you see our non-ecommerce sites you’ll be able to search for the “u_tag”. Tealium is coming, brace yourselves.
- Big Query, I’d really like to get a grasp on that. This might be one technology that could bring our processes to a new level of simplicity… except Big Query is not simple at all.
- “Big data”, I wish people would stop talking about it. 99% of the time I hear the term, the subject is not about Big Data or don’t need to say these words to communicate the need.
- “Real Time”, you seriously need “real time” blah, blah… really? If you can’t articulate why you need something “real time”, other than to “understand what’s going on”, then you don’t need it.
- There’s always some rumours going on, but recently there’s one in particular that won’t go away. I’m hoping clarity is provided on this! No, I can’t say what it is but would like to mention it here anyway.
- I’m not playing squash these days. This s BIG DEAL, personally speaking. Adding commute time, play, shower and back, it would take about 3 hours of the day to get a game in. With a new born around that’s no longer an option.
- Tokyo is hot and humid in the summer and central heating is not a thing here… I didn’t mind as much until I see my daughter sweating almost every day.
Let’s leave it there.
Any comments, please let me know 🙂